When choosing a water heater for your mobile home, you want to find one that is both safe and efficient. A tankless water heater may be the perfect fit because it offers many benefits that other types of heaters cannot provide.
Tankless water heaters are environmentally friendly because they do not require natural gas or electricity like traditional tanks, meaning you can take them with you if you move.
They also offer better safety features than traditional models by reducing carbon monoxide levels in your home and have a lower risk of leaking due to their smaller size.
Lastly, tankless models use less energy than standard units which saves money on utility bills!
If you live in a mobile home, many tankless water heater installations are not an option.
This article will provide information on the best tankless water heaters for mobile homes and how to find one that is right for your needs. Read on to learn more!
Table of Contents
- 1 7 Best Tankless Water Heater for Mobile Home in 2022
- 1.1 1) EcoSmart Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.2 2) Stiebel Eltron Tankless Heater for Mobile Homes
- 1.3 3) Rheem Heating Chamber Tankless Water Heater for Mobile Home
- 1.4 4) ECOTOUCH Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.5 5) Rinnai V65iP Propane Tankless Water Heater
- 1.6 6) Ecosmart Electric Water Heater for Mobile Homes
- 1.7 7) Rheem RTEX-18 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 2 FAQs – Water Heater for Mobile Home
7 Best Tankless Water Heater for Mobile Home in 2022
Here we are reviewing the 7 best tankless water heaters for mobile homes according to their specification and features.
1) EcoSmart Electric Tankless Water Heater
The EcoSmart ECO 27 electric tankless water heater is a great choice for a mobile home. It uses less energy than standard tank units, making it more efficient and easy on your wallet.
It’s also eco-friendly because there is no need to use gas as traditional tanks do.
When installed in larger homes, the unit emits enough natural hot water that you can run 2 showers at once without any problems.
For smaller spaces, you’ll want to wait until the first one finishes before using the second.
Another convenient feature of this model is its automatic temperature control so you don’t have to worry about adjusting it yourself during each session.
This handy feature ensures maximum comfort by regulating water flow through consistent output temperatures up
Benefits of EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
Here are few benefits of this electric tankless water heater.
- Efficient and cost-saving: It uses 70% less electricity compared to standard tank water heaters.
- No venting or gas connection needed: It’s safe to use and saves you the trouble of dealing with flues, vents, and gas lines.
- Smart temperature control: Its automatic temperature controls avoid scalding by regulating output temperatures up to consistent levels.
2) Stiebel Eltron Tankless Heater for Mobile Homes
The Stiebel Eltron Tempra 36 Plus is a great option for mobile homes. It’s not directly marketed toward mobile home use, but it can be used in that setting with no problem at all.
Many individuals who live in larger trailers swear by this model because of the extra hot water it provides while saving on their utility bills.
This unit comes with digital temperature controls and an LED display screen so you’ll always know when the shower is ready and what temperature your water heater is running.
As far as safety goes, the Tempra 36 Plus uses natural gas to heat your water instead of electricity as other models do; meaning less risk of fire or dangerous accidents if there ever was an issue.
The Tempra 36 Plus can provide hot water for homes with up to 4 bathrooms, meaning it’s great for larger spaces.
This tankless water heater is also easy to install and doesn’t require much effort when putting underneath your sink or between other appliances in your home.
Benefits of Stiebel Eltron Tankless Heater
Here are few benefits of this electric tankless water heater.
- It saves space: This unit is very compact, making it easier to find a place in any home setting.
- Energy-efficient: The Tempra 36 Plus only uses 1/2 the electricity compared to standard tank water heaters, saving you money in the long run.
- Provides high output flow: This unit is capable of producing 1.32 gallons per minute flow rate which is more than enough for a mobile home where people are constantly taking showers and doing dishes.
3) Rheem Heating Chamber Tankless Water Heater for Mobile Home
The Rheem Electric Tankless Water Heater has a lot to offer for homes with multiple bathrooms.
It’s the most expensive model on this list, but also by far one of the best in terms of performance and longevity.
If you’re looking to reduce your monthly energy bill, then this is the product for you because it uses a well below-average amount of electricity when compared to other tankless models out there today.
Rheem guarantees that their products will lower your water heating costs by 25% or more every year.
Another feature many will love about this unit is its easy installation time and layout design that makes it perfect for mobile homes where space is limited.
It can even be installed on the exterior of your home without any problem.
This model also has an eco-friendly design with a water heating chamber that’s made up of 99% recyclable material, making it fully environmentally friendly.
Benefits of Rheem Residential Tankless Water Heater
Here are some benefits you can expect from this tankless water heater by Rheem.
- Fits tight spaces: Being one of the most compact units out there, it makes sense why so many people love using this product for their mobile homes where space is limited.
- Very quiet: Compared to similar models out there, its near-silent operation is one thing almost everyone will enjoy about this product.
- Energy-efficient: This is one of the most energy-efficient units on the market today, with a full 100% efficiency rating.
- Warranty: The RTEX-13 comes with a 10-year warranty for labour and parts.
4) ECOTOUCH Electric Tankless Water Heater
The ECOTOUCH Point-of-Use Electric Instant Hot Water Heater is the most powerful and efficient product on this list.
It uses 3 times less energy than standard tank water heaters, saving you more money in the long run.
What’s great about this unit is that it doesn’t require any installation and can be placed under your kitchen or bathroom sink for easier access.
One of the biggest complaints some had about this model was that it seems cheaply made; which we agree with because we’ve heard of people having issues with its durability after only a few months of usage.
However this might not be such an issue if you purchase one from a local store where you can return it, but if you buy one online for shipping reasons then it might cause problems.
Another thing worth mentioning is that this unit comes with no installation instructions so finding a professional to do the job isn’t cheap.
Benefits of ECOTOUCH Hot Water Heater
Here are some benefits you can enjoy if you decide to purchase the ECOTOUCH Point-of-Use Electric Instant Hot Water Heater
- It’s energy-efficient: For its size, this unit uses very low amounts of power when compared to similar products out there on the market today.
- Lifetime warranty: This product comes with a lifetime warranty which surprises us given how cheaply made it may seem.
- Compact: One of the most compact models out there compared to similar ones, making it a perfect choice for small spaces where the limited room is present.
5) Rinnai V65iP Propane Tankless Water Heater
The Rinnai V65iP is the only tankless water heater on this list to use propane as energy instead of natural gas.
It’s one of the most powerful units out there, being capable of heating water up to 6.5 gallons every minute which is more than enough for even the largest households out there.
It can also be easily installed indoors without any problems given its compact size and simple design.
Other benefits you’ll enjoy include its easy connection to your home’s exhaust using a standard PVC vent pipe system, making it perfect for colder climates where temperatures tend to drop below freezing during winter months.
Benefits of Rinnai Tankless Water Heater
- Large capacity: If you have a larger household or home then this is the best unit for you.
- Easy to use: Very easy to install and operate, even if you’ve never done it before.
- Energy efficiency: The only drawback we can find with the Rinnai V65iP is that it uses more propane than other similar models out there on the market today.
6) Ecosmart Electric Water Heater for Mobile Homes
The EcoSmart POU 3.5 Point of Use Electric Tankless Water Heater is one of the more compact and simple models on our list, making it perfect for use under your kitchen and bathroom sinks.
One of its biggest benefits include how easy to install and operate it can be; even some beginners won’t have any problems getting this model up and running in no time.
It’s also one of the cheapest units on this list, costing less than 100 dollars which makes it an excellent choice if you’re not looking to spend a lot on such a product.
Benefits of Ecosmart POU 3.5 Point of Use Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Very small: If you’re looking for something compact then this unit will please you.
- Easy to use: Very easy to install and operate, even if you’ve never done something like this before.
- Cheap in price: If you’re on a budget then this is the best model for you.
7) Rheem RTEX-18 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
The Rheem Electric Tankless Water Heater is another great model made by one of the most respected brands in the industry, having an elegant design that will suit any modern home.
One thing that surprises us about this unit is just how small it looks compared to similar models out there on the market today; for its wattage and power capabilities, you’d expect it to be a lot larger than what we see here.
It’s also very easy to install and operate this model even if you’ve never done something like this before so it shouldn’t cause any problems whatsoever.
Other benefits include an excellent customer support service and warranty which lasts for up 10 years, making it perfect for homeowners who want to make a long-term investment when getting their hands on such a unit.
Benefits of Rheem Electric Water Heater
- Energy-efficient: One of the most energy-efficient models out there, using less power when compared to similar units like this one out there on the market today.
- Small in size: Doesn’t take up much space when installed which is great given its powerful capabilities; perfect for small rooms and spaces where the limited room is present.
FAQs – Water Heater for Mobile Home
Is there a special water heater for mobile homes?
There are some models out there that are similar to the ones mentioned in this article but they’d be specific for mobile homes.
These would still be the tankless water heaters which are what you will want in your mobile home because of how effective it is compared to standard tanks with heating elements.
If you’re looking for something efficient then one of the most popular models would have to be the EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater.
This is considered one of the best models on the market today, being capable of heating water.
It’s also very simple to install so even if you’ve never installed something like this before it shouldn’t give you any trouble whatsoever.
What size water heater do I need for a mobile home?
To be honest with you it all depends on the size of your mobile home.
If you have a larger space then one unit might not be enough for it because it’ll be using up too much power at the end which isn’t good for your electric bill.
For this reason, you will need to get multiple units that are smaller in size but still capable of supplying water at any given time.
This doesn’t mean that bigger also is better though since having more units means they’re going to take up more space which isn’t good either.
If you want to know more about the topic then be sure to check out this guide on what size tankless water heater for a mobile home?
Can I install a regular water heater in my mobile home?
The short answer to this question is yes, but you will require the help of someone who has experience with these types of units because there are some differences when it comes to mobile homes.
And it will be harder for you to find space in your mobile home because of how small it is and working with the limited space might prove difficult.
It’s also more expensive than installing one in a standard house due to the need of hiring an electrician since the capabilities are different.
How much does it cost to replace a water heater in a mobile home?
The price of replacing a water heater in your mobile home will depend on what type of unit you have.
If it’s still an EL 34D model then this should cost around $300 to $350 but the bigger models are more expensive since they cost around $600 to upgrade. And that’s not including labor which can add up depending on where you get it done.
It would be cheaper to install one yourself because you don’t need to pay for any labor fees, making the whole process easier and faster for you.
Where is the water heater located in a mobile home?
A water heater is typically located in one of two locations: directly inside the home, or in an exterior cabinet. Mobile homes must have the water heater installed outside.
It is located right outside of your home, typically attached to your house with pipes running through it connecting your tap water supply to the tank where it will heat up and give you hot water when you need to use it.
The area inside the home where a small water heater, which heats cold water using electricity, will be placed depends on available space. It may sit near the floor or right underneath countertops to save space.
However, a large unit can be quite heavy and requires more secure installation than simply setting it on the ground; it might need to be anchored into an enclosure that also houses valves for draining it if something goes wrong with its inner workings.
This type of water heating device is usually installed directly near a drain system so that any leaks won’t become too difficult to clean up. For More.
You can find your perfect tankless water heater by considering the size, energy efficiency, and installation type you need.
With all of these options available for purchase in a variety of price ranges, it’s easy to find one that fits your needs perfectly.
The right water heating system will save you money on monthly bills while also helping improve indoor air quality with better humidity control.
Tankless systems are much more efficient than traditional tanks because they only heat enough hot water when needed rather than maintaining constant high temperatures like older units do which means lower electric costs!
If you’re looking for the best tankless water heater for mobile homes, then it depends on your budget and what features matter to you most.
Take a look at this article if you want more information before making your decision!