A dishwasher is a great way to keep your dishes clean and dry, but not all dishwashers are created equal.
If you have a mobile home or small kitchen space, the best dishwasher for you could be one that can sit on top of your counter instead of being built-in to your cabinets.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss some factors that will help you find the best dishwasher for mobile homes.
- 1 Top 5 Best Dishwasher for Mobile Home in 2021
- 1.1 1) Best Countertop Dishwasher for Mobile Home
- 1.2 2) Farberware Compact Portable Dishwasher with Silverware Basket
- 1.3 3) Aikoper Portable Compact Dishwasher for Mobile Homes & RVs
- 1.4 4) EdgeStar 8 Place Setting Energy Star Rated Built-In Dishwasher
- 1.5 5) Portable Countertop Dishwasher for Mobile Homes
- 2 Things to Consider Before Buying a Dishwasher for Mobile Home
Top 5 Best Dishwasher for Mobile Home in 2021
Finding the best dishwasher for mobile homes can be difficult because most of them are designed with built-in kitchens in mind.
It’s important to consider how much space you have, as well as your specific needs when it comes to washing your dishes.
Here I am going to review the top 5 Best dishwashers that are designed especially for mobile homes.
1) Best Countertop Dishwasher for Mobile Home
The Farberware FDW05ASBWHA is a 5-litre countertop dishwasher that can be used for small- to medium-sized loads.
It comes with five wash cycles including quick, normal, and soaks as well as two baby care programs: bottle and high chair tray.
There’s also a glass and fruit wash setting. This model features an adjustable top rack that can accommodate larger items or just leave space for your glasses.
Four stabilizer legs provide the unit with enough stability without scratching your countertops. Plus, there are four swivel casters on the bottom of the dishwasher so you’re able to move it around if needed.
You’ll have no problems connecting it to your faucet, as this dishwasher comes with a 3/4-inch quick connect hose and an adapter for connecting to standard kitchen sinks.
It’s important to note that there is no drain or water pump included in the package.
Some reviewers have mentioned that they had difficulty getting the unit to sit level on their countertops.
Others said that using harder water created a filmy residue on the dishes and that the silverware tended to become misshapen after washing them in this dishwasher.
Benefits of Farberware Countertop Dishwasher
Here we are listed few benefits of this dishwasher.
- 5 wash cycles for versatile cleaning
- Includes bottle and high chair tray programs, perfect for taking care of feeding accessories.
- Adjustable top rack provides more space for your larger dishes or cups.
- Four swivel casters allow you to move the dishwasher easily throughout your home.
2) Farberware Compact Portable Dishwasher with Silverware Basket
The Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA is a 6-place setting countertop dishwasher that offers versatile cleaning with six wash cycles.
It features four modes, including quick and normal for your everyday needs, as well as deep clean and high-temperature wash to remove tough stains.
You’re able to adjust the upper rack to handle larger dishes or just leave more space for glassware.
There’s also a silverware basket that sits in the top of the washer so you can easily remove your silverware when it’s done washing without making a mess.
Four casters on the bottom allow you to move this dishwasher around if necessary, while adjustable legs keep it from scratching your countertops.
This dishwasher includes a 3/4-inch attachment for connecting to your faucet. For those using hard water, there’s an easy way to reduce mineral buildup with this model: just run your rinse and empty cycles without any dishes in the washer.
With the Farberware Professional Countertop Dishwasher, you’ll save on energy costs as it has earned an Energy Star rating.
Benefits of Farberware Professional Compact Dishwasher
Here we are listing few benefits of this portable dishwasher.
- 4 modes offer versatile cleaning options that meet all of your needs.
- Adjustable top rack provides more space for larger dishes or cups.
- Silverware basket nested on the top shelf for easy access to silverware.
- 3/4-inch faucet connector allows you to use your kitchen sink’s water pressure.
- Energy Star rated dishwasher saves money on energy costs.
3) Aikoper Portable Compact Dishwasher for Mobile Homes & RVs
The Aikoper countertop portable dishwasher is a 5-place setting washer that has six washing programs and offers versatile cleaning so you can get your dishes clean no matter what type of mess you’ve made.
There’s also a water hose inlet on this unit, so there’s no need to hook it up to your faucet, just attach the included water hose and turn on the tap. This feature makes it ideal for mobile homes & RV campers.
The control panel comes with an LED screen that displays how much time is left until your cycle is done, along with three adjustable levels:
1) Top-level: 30 minutes;
2) Middle level: 45 minutes;
3) Bottom level: 60 minutes.
This dishwasher comes with a cutlery holder on the top shelf that is detachable for easy removal of your silverware when your dishes are done washing.
There’s also an adjustable upper rack, which can be moved to better fit larger items like drinking glasses or mugs.
The frame of this dishwasher is made from thick plastic and metal, giving it a sturdy base to sit on, while the front flap allows you to easily open the door when needed.
It comes in black or white depending on what matches your home decor best, and for those using hard water at home, there’s an included filter so your rinse water will reduce mineral buildup so your washer will work better for longer.
Benefits of Aikoper Portable Dishwasher with 5 Programs
Here are few benefits of this dishwasher.
- Powerful washing performance in a small, lightweight machine
- 6 washing programs to clean all types of messes quickly and easily
- Adjustable time settings make it easy to get dishes clean faster when you’re in a rush
- Detachable cutlery holder on the top tray makes removing silverware easy, while adjustable upper rack saves more space for cups or large plates
- Included drain hose adaptor reduces installation difficulty by allowing you to connect the included water hose directly to your faucet instead of hooking up the washer to your sink’s faucet.
4) EdgeStar 8 Place Setting Energy Star Rated Built-In Dishwasher
The EdgeStar dishwasher is a great pick for homes and offices of all sizes, with its 18-inch wide interior that has room for eight place settings.
The included utensil basket keeps silverware separated from dishes while the adjustable upper rack can be moved up or down to fit larger or smaller plates.
There’s also an LED display on the control panel that shows how much time is left in your cycle, along with three adjustable levels:
1) Normal wash;
2) Light wash;
3) Energy saver wash.
If you have hard water at home, there’s even an included filter so fewer minerals will build up in your washer over time, ensuring it continues to work properly.
The EdgeStar dishwasher is Energy Star rated and requires no permanent installation, so you can easily take it with you if you ever move homes or offices.
Benefits of Best Mobile Home Dishwasher
- 18-inch wide interior that has room for 8 place settings, perfect for homes and small restaurants
- Includes an adjustable upper rack to hold taller glasses and plates
- Detachable utensil basket keeps silverware off the bottom of the washer for better cleaning results
- Filter included to reduce mineral build up in your wash & machine over time
- LED display on the control panel shows how much time is left in your cycle and provides 3 adjustable wash cycles: Normal Wash; Light Wash; and Energy Saver Wash
- Doesn’t require permanent installation, so it can be moved around to different locations as needed.
5) Portable Countertop Dishwasher for Mobile Homes
This dishwasher is a great pick for homes or office spaces that need a compact washing machine that can easily fit on top of most countertops.
It’s 5 different wash settings cover all the essentials, with hot, normal, light wash options along with a fruit and vegetable clean option.
The included 3-cup water tank holds enough water for several washes before it needs to be refilled, and there’s even an included drain hose adapter so you don’t have to hook this washer up directly to your faucet – instead, you can connect it right onto your sink’s existing faucet.
There are also six different LED lights on the control panel that indicate how much time is left in any given cycle as well as letting you know when the washer is turned on.
Benefits of this Portable Dishwasher
- 5 different wash settings provide all the essentials, from hot and normal to fruit and vegetable clean
- Includes an included drain hose adapter so you don’t have to hook it up directly to your sink faucet
- 3D cyclone spray ensures your plates come out 100% clean without any leftover food particles or grime
- Built-in water tank holds enough water for several washes before needing to be refilled
Things to Consider Before Buying a Dishwasher for Mobile Home
Before you buy a mobile home dishwasher, there are a few things you should consider first in order to ensure the washer suits your preferences and lifestyle.
As with most appliances, mobile home dishwashers come in different sizes.
While standard washers have capacities from 12 place settings all the way up to 16 or 18, when it comes to mobile home dishwashers these typically range from 4 place setting machines that can hold around 5 plates all the way up to 8 place setting machines that can fit about 9 plates each.
Keep this size in mind when shopping for one of these washers, so you get something that has enough space to clean all of your dishes, but is also compact enough so it doesn’t take up too much room.
Some people prefer small dishwashers that can clean just 5 plates at a time over larger units that have capacities of 8 place settings or more.
The benefit of these smaller machines is they take up less room in your mobile home, but the drawback is that you might have to wash your dishes in batches.
iii) Cycle time
Most washers can clean all types of dishware at three different temperature levels (from cold water through hot) and two different cycles (normal or heavy wash), so having 5 or 6 different washing options may not be necessary if you’re just looking for something simple.
You could even save some money by buying a lower-end machine with fewer features than an expensive model with all the bells and whistles if this isn’t important to you.
If you’re buying a mobile home dishwasher that doesn’t come with its own drain hose, make sure the one you buy is vented since not all of them are.
This can be especially important if your sink isn’t near your water source (like in the bathroom) because you’ll need to run an extra-long drain hose through another part of your mobile home just to get the washer hooked up.
If you’re shopping on a budget, keep an eye out for sales or discounts on washers that are still good quality but don’t have lots of extra features.
You can also go for used appliances if there’s another unit available in your price range that does everything you need it to do without any extras.
After-market warranties are an option if the washer you want isn’t covered by its manufacturer anymore, or even just after-market support from the retailer where you buy the washing machine itself.
Repairs and replacement parts are usually available quite readily, especially if you’re buying from a reputable brand like IKEA.
If you want to save money on installation, look for mobile home dishwashers that include their own drain hoses and don’t require any additional hardware to install them.
That way, all you’ll need is an available water source (like the kitchen faucet) and you can hook the washer right up quickly and easily without having to pay for professional plumbing or appliance repair services.
Many people find having multiple washing options helpful because it lets them choose which ones work best for certain items, like delicate silverware or heavily soiled pots and pans.
Some dishwashers have a sterilize option that can be used for things like baby bottles and utensils, but if you want to stick to just the basics this isn’t essential either.
If you’re in the market for a new dishwasher, it’s important to find one that is designed specifically for use in mobile homes.
While many of these appliances are made with smaller footprints so they can easily fit into your kitchen without taking up too much space, there are some features on them that may not be ideal if you have limited countertop or cabinet space due to being located in a tiny home.
Make sure any potential purchase has at least 6 inches between the unit and the wall behind it so water won’t leak out onto your flooring during cleaning cycles.
It also needs to have an adjustable top rack so taller items like pots don’t hit the ceiling when placed inside while still allowing shorter dishes ample room below them.
Whether you’re looking for a dishwasher that will fit into your mobile home kitchen & one with the most advanced features.
We can help you find what’s best for your mobile home.
Our blog has reviews of the latest models and tips to ensure your dishes are clean every time!