You’ve been looking for a way to add additional living space to your mobile home without having to put in the time and money it takes to build a new house.
You’re considering adding on, but you want something quick and easy. Why not consider a porch roof?
A porch roof can be attached easily to most mobile homes with little work needed from you! All you have to do is attach one side of it while standing on the ground.
The other side will attach automatically when the plastic ties are pulled tight enough. It’s perfect for someone who doesn’t have any carpentry skills because there’s no need for cutting or measuring – just buy the right size frame and follow these instructions!
If you still aren’t convinced, then read on to discover more benefits of adding a porch roof to your mobile home!
Also Read: Best Roofs For A Mobile Home?
Table of Contents
Steps For Attaching Porch Roof to Mobile Home
- Measure the width of your mobile home. You will need a porch roof that is at least this wide.
- Purchase a porch roof frame that is the correct size for your measurements.
- Attach one side of the porch roof to your mobile home using the included plastic ties. Make sure it is level before tightening the ties fully.
- Attach the other side of the porch roof frame using the same process.
- Finished! Enjoy your new, added living space!
Benefits of adding a porch roof to your mobile home
- Adds extra living space:- Porch roofs are perfect for adding an extra to your mobile home without having to go through the hassle of building an entirely new structure.
- Adds extra protection from the weather:- A porch roof can add an extra layer of protection against the wind and rain, which is perfect for those living in areas with inclement weather.
- Keeps your mobile home cooler in the summer:- A porch roof can provide some much-needed shade for your mobile home, keeping it cooler during the hot summer months.
- Adds extra insulation to your home:- Porch roofs can add extra insulation to your home, making it more energy efficient and helping you save money on your heating and cooling bills.
- Looks great!:- A porch roof can add a touch of style and sophistication to your mobile home, making it a great addition to your yard or driveway.
If you aren’t convinced yet, then let me tell you about one of the best benefits of porch roofs – they have a weight limit!
Porch roofs can hold up to three hundred pounds with no problem, which is great news if you need extra storage space in your mobile home.
FAQs About Attaching Porch Room with Mobile Home
How do you support a porch roof without posts?
Most porch roofs are designed to be free-standing, meaning they don’t require any posts for support. If you are concerned about the stability of your porch roof then you can always add some posts for extra support.
Just make sure that the posts are attached securely to the frame of the roof and that they are tall enough to support the weight of the roof and any furniture or accessories that you may want to put on it.
Why can’t you attach a deck to a mobile home?
Adding a porch roof to your mobile home can be a great way to add extra living space without having to build an entire deck.
Deck sizes and shapes vary, but most decks need at least four posts for support and additional beams or stringers to keep it level!
This means that if you attached a deck onto the side of your mobile home, you would have lots of holes in your walls where the beams entered and exited. Think about how long it would take for you or someone else to repair those holes!
Related Article: Can You Put A Metal Roof On A Mobile Home?
Porch roofs add value to your home because they don’t leave any unsightly additions behind when they are removed. They also require minimal work during installation! Instead of building decks around your mobile home, consider adding a porch roof for an easy and affordable solution to living with more space.
You can attach a porch roof to your mobile home by using the following steps.
- First, measure the width of your porch and cut out two pieces of plywood that are 1 inch narrower than this measurement.
- Next, lay one piece on top of the other with ¾ inches extending beyond it onto each side (this will be covered later). Make sure you use plenty of nails to secure everything together securely.
- Now install both pieces over your existing front door opening so they overlap at least 3’ in a lengthwise direction; make sure there is not more than a 2’ gap between them!
- Finally, nail down these new boards where necessary and paint or stain as desired for a finished look.
The best way to attach a porch roof is by using screws and nails. Screws should be used at the top, middle and bottom of the trusses or rafters.
Nails can then be hammered vertically on either side of each screw for additional support.