If you’re considering taking your camper on a road trip, you might be wondering if your car can handle the weight. Toyota Highlanders are popular vehicles for towing but how much can they tow?
We did some research to find out if a Toyota Highlander can pull a camper. Here’s what we discovered!
Toyota Highlander Towing Capacity
The Toyota Highlander is a popular midsize SUV that is known for its reliability and versatility. It can seat up to eight passengers and has a towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds.
It’s available in both front-wheel and all-wheel drive versions, making it a great choice for those who need a little extra traction when pulling a camper.
Best features of Highlander when towing camper/trailer?
Some of the best features of the Highlander when towing or pulling a camper trailer or boat trailer include:
- Its towing capacity of 3,500 pounds
- Its payload capacity of 1,450 pounds
- Standard towing package with trailer hitch and wiring harness
- Powerful engine options
- Available all-wheel drive for added traction and stability
- Comfortable and spacious interior for passengers and gear
With its impressive towing and payload capacities, the Highlander is a great choice for those who need a vehicle that can handle heavy loads.
How much can A Toyota Highlander tow and pull?
The Highlander can tow and pull a considerable amount of weight, making it a great choice for those who need a vehicle that can handle heavy loads. Its towing capacity is rated at 3,500 pounds, while its payload capacity is 1,450 pounds.
This makes the Highlander capable of hauling plenty of gear or equipment.
It’s also worth noting that the Highlander comes standard with a towing package, which includes a trailer hitch and wiring harness. This makes it easy to hook up trailers or RVs.
Also, Highlander is a good choice for towing a boat. It has the power and capacity to handle most boats on the market. With a towing capacity of 3,500 pounds, the Highlander can easily tow small to medium-sized boats.
So, if you’re looking for a vehicle that can tow and haul, the Highlander is a great choice. It’s versatile, powerful and comes with everything you need to get the job done.
How do you safely tow a camper with a Highlander?
When towing or pulling a camper trailer or boat trailer with a Highlander, you should:
- Make sure that the vehicle is properly equipped for towing by checking the owner’s manual.
- Hook up the trailer or camper to the vehicle using the proper hitch and connections.
- Test the brake lights and turn signals on the trailer or camper to make sure they are working.
- Pack the vehicle and trailer /camper with the proper amount of weight distribution in mind.
- Drive slowly and carefully, obeying all traffic laws.
- Stop frequently to check on the vehicle and trailer or camper to make sure everything is still secure.
With its strong engine and transmission, ample ground clearance and comfortable interior, the Highlander is sure to make your next road trip a success.
Considerations when purchasing a Toyota Highlander for towing or pulling a camper/trailer?
When purchasing a Toyota Highlander for towing or pulling a camper trailer or boat trailer, you should look for:
- Vehicle that has a towing capacity that meets or exceeds the weight of the trailer or camper you will be pulling.
- Vehicle that is equipped with trailer sway control, can help keep your trailer from swaying while you are driving.
- Vehicle that has a strong engine and transmission as these will be needed to handle the extra weight of the trailer or camper.
- Vehicle that is equipped with four-wheel drive, as this can help you better control the trailer or camper while you are driving.
- Vehicle that has plenty of ground clearance, as this will be necessary when going over bumps or uneven terrain.
FAQs – Toyota Highlander Towing A Camper
What size trailer can a Highlander hybrid tow?
The Highlander Hybrid can tow up to 3500 pounds. This trailer size is great for hauling small boats or jet skis. If you need to haul a larger trailer, you may want to consider renting a bigger vehicle.
Can a Highlander tow 5000 lbs?
The Highlander is capable of towing 5000 pounds, but it’s not recommended. The vehicle wasn’t designed for towing this much weight and it could cause problems with the brakes and suspension.
If you need to tow a large trailer, you should rent a bigger vehicle that’s designed for towing.
Can a hybrid Toyota Highlander pull a trailer?
Yes, the Toyota Highlander can tow a trailer. It has a towing capacity of 1,500 pounds, which means it can easily handle light trailers and campers.
If you’re looking for a vehicle that can pull a heavier trailer, though, you might want to consider something like a full-sized SUV or truck.
So, can a Toyota Highlander pull a camper? The answer is yes! A Toyota Highlander can pull a camper! But, it’s important to consider all of the factors involved in making this decision.
A Toyota Highlander can easily tow a camper and make your next camping trip more enjoyable. If you’re in the market for a new vehicle that can handle towing a camper, be sure to check out the Toyota Highlander. It’s sure to make your travels easier and more fun. Thanks for reading!