Paint to cabinets is one of the most important things to consider when updating your mobile home kitchen.
Should you use water-based paint, latex paint or oil-based paint for cabinets? What’s the best color for my kitchen?
These are all questions you should ask yourself before starting this project. I will help answer these questions and more in the following blog post.
There are many different types of paints to choose from, but not all are suitable for these types of cabinets.
A fresh coat of paint can do wonders to spruce up the look and feel of any room in your house, including kitchen or bathroom cabinets.
So if you’re ready for a change, then here is a list of the 7 best paint for mobile home cabinets!
- 1 7 Best Paint for Mobile Home Cabinets in 2021
- 1.1 1) INSL-X Cabinet Coat Enamel – Best Paint for Mobile Home Cabinets
- 1.2 2) Nuvo Titanium Infusion 1 Day Cabinet Makeover Kit
- 1.3 3) Rust-Oleum 331052 Milk Paint – Best for Kitchen Cabinets
- 1.4 4) Giani Countertop Paint Kit for Mobile Home Cabinets
- 1.5 5) Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Latex Paint
- 1.6 6) Majic Paints, RePurpose your Furniture & Cabinets
- 1.7 7) Retique It Chalk Furniture Paint by Renaissance DIY
- 2 Best Paint for Mobile Home Cabinets – FAQs
7 Best Paint for Mobile Home Cabinets in 2021
Here we are reviewing the best paint for mobile home cabinets.
1) INSL-X Cabinet Coat Enamel – Best Paint for Mobile Home Cabinets
It has a low odor and it is easy to clean up with soap and water, so you don’t have to worry about harsh chemicals.
Satin sheen finish gives a beautiful look to your cabinets — a nice clean, smooth appearance that makes your kitchen look new.
Water-based means no strong odors or hazardous fumes which is important when painting in tight spaces.
Also, you can apply this one coat of paint over existing stains and marks. In my opinion one of the most effective white paints for cabinets available on the market!
Benefits of INSL-X Cabinet Coat Enamel
Here are the benefits of this paint.
- No strong odours or hazardous fumes.
- You can apply this one coat of paint over existing stains and marks.
- It is water-based means no strong hazardous fumes which are important when painting in tight spaces.
2) Nuvo Titanium Infusion 1 Day Cabinet Makeover Kit
This paint is infused into the doors to seal them from future wear and tear.
It has a low odour, easy cleanup with soap and water. It’s suitable for painting cabinets of all kinds – wood, laminate, metal or glass surfaces.
Kit includes 2 oz Penetrating Primer, 16 oz Fusion Bonding Base Coat, 12 oz High-Hide Cover-Up Finish in Satin Sheen.
Benefits of Nuvo Titanium Infusion Cabinet Makeover Kit
- Low odour and easy cleanup with soap and water make it very comfortable to work with.
- This paint is infused into the doors to seal them from future wear and tear.
3) Rust-Oleum 331052 Milk Paint – Best for Kitchen Cabinets
You can use this paint in combination with other paints for different effects. It covers old, dark colours with lighter ones, if you use it with the white undercoat, it will cover darker colors 100%.
Eclipse is a mix of creamy beige and soft grey tones. These two colors are very popular kitchen cabinet paint colors!
Benefits of Rust-Oleum Milk Paint Finish
- Can be combined with other paints to create special effects.
- You can use this paint in combination with other paints for different effects.
- It covers old, dark colors with lighter ones. If you use it with the white undercoat, it will cover darker color 100%.
4) Giani Countertop Paint Kit for Mobile Home Cabinets
This kit includes everything you need for your countertops – the base coat, the finish coat and a paintbrush.
Base Coat is easy to clean up with soap and water before it dries. Finish Coat is optional. if you want more protection for your counters, then apply the second layer of the coating.
It’s eco friendly, non-toxic and has low VOCs, so it doesn’t have strong odors during application.
You don’t have to sand or prime before applying this paint – just wash your cabinets with soap and water then dry them well. It really is that simple!
Benefits Giani Countertop Paint Kit
- Everything you need for painting countertops are included in the kit: base coat, finish coat and a paintbrush.
- It is easy to clean up with soap and water before it dries and is non-toxic and has low VOCs, so it doesn’t have strong odours during application.
5) Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Latex Paint
This paint has a good easiness of application and the finish is smooth. It will provide an opaque coating for most surfaces including cabinets, furniture, doors etc.
Water-based formula that gives a beautiful satin finish – not too glossy but still enough shine to look great!
Benefits of Rust-Oleum 1992730 Painter’s Touch Latex Paint
- Good easiness of application with this paint.
- Opaque coat for most surfaces, this includes cabinets, furniture etc, doors…
- The water-based formula provides a beautiful satin finish without being too shiny.
- This paint is very easy to apply, covers really well and sticks on the surfaces tightly.
6) Majic Paints, RePurpose your Furniture & Cabinets
This paint is great for both indoor and outdoor use. You can also apply it on surfaces like rubber or leather. It’s completely washable!
The quality of the cabinet transformation is impressive after using this paint with a roller.
Benefits of Majic Paints 8-9400-2
- High quality makes it a great product for painting cabinets.
- Great for interior and exterior use on furniture, doors or cabinets etc.
- The quality of the cabinet transformation is impressive after using this paint with a roller.
7) Retique It Chalk Furniture Paint by Renaissance DIY
This paint is a chalk-based formula that dries out clear, but you can add a little bit of darker paint colour to make it look more interesting.
If you want to give your cabinets or furniture an aged and distressed look, then this antique finish paint is perfect for you!
Not only does it have the best oil-based paint smell on today’s market, but it also comes with a no-drip lid so you don’t have any spills when trying to pour the contents into your container.
Benefits of Best Mobile Home Furniture Paint
- Great for giving furniture and cabinets that vintage look!
- Chalk based formula gives a great aged appearance without being too dark.
- Easy to apply and doesn’t have any dripping lids so it’s mess-free!
Best Paint for Mobile Home Cabinets – FAQs
How do you paint cabinets in a mobile home?
Paint cabinets can be a tricky task in mobile homes. Mobile homes are not designed to let you paint with the doors open, so this is an issue that many homeowners have to deal with.
With the right supplies and knowledge of how to work within your limitations, painting cabinets can become one less thing on your list of worries when it comes time for home improvement projects.
A few things needed before you start are good quality latex paint, brushes, rollers, trays for applying the paint and protective wear such as gloves and eye protection.
Here are steps to paint cabinets in a mobile home.
1. Begin by removing the doors from the cabinet. Remove all knobs and locks, this step will make your job easier.
2. Tape off any areas you don’t want to get paint on, such as countertops or flooring in front of cabinets that face outward when they are installed into the kitchen area.
3. Try not to use too much paint when applying it to the cabinets. Use a roller applicator for smooth surfaces and a brush for hard areas with nooks and crannies where the paint would have difficulty reaching otherwise.
4. Be sure all extra paint is wiped away when finished painting so it does not mix together in certain areas or drip down onto other painted surfaces in your home or sit there in excess.
5. Allow time for the paint to dry, then reattach doors with the original hardware and enjoy your newly painted cabinets!
Can you put regular cabinets in a mobile home?
Can you put regular cabinets in a mobile home? So it is not recommended because of the size limitations.
Mobile homes come in all shapes and sizes, which means that the dimensions of your space will dictate whether or not it’s possible for you to install standard cabinets.
What kind of paint should I use on cabinets?
Paint has a lot of different properties, which can make it difficult to choose the right paint for your project.
You want to know what kind of paint will last and provide good coverage so that you don’t need to coat the cabinets more than once!
Let’s take a look at some common paints and their characteristics.
1) Oil-based paints are great if you’re looking for something that is durable with long-lasting coverage, but they also have drawbacks because they take longer to dry than latex paints do.
This means that oil-based paints are not recommended if painting on an enclosed surface or in very humid conditions where there is no ventilation or air conditioning present!
2) Latex paints are great for kitchen cabinet projects because they come in many different varieties, with some ability to resist moisture better than others.
These can also protect against common household spills and are easy to clean off with soap and water.
3) Semi-gloss paints are ideal for kitchens because they offer a glossy finish that stands up well against wear and tear.
This makes semi-gloss paints perfect for countertops where you expect to be wiping off dirt or splashing liquids frequently throughout the day!
4) High-gloss paints may not be best suited for cabinets because of their shiny appearance, but these paints do work well on furniture pieces if you’re trying to create an antique or rustic effect!
Now that you know what kind of paint you need, it’s also important to keep in mind that not all paints are made equally!
Once again, this depends on your space limitations and how much time you have available to complete this project.
Latex paints are ideal for kitchen cabinet projects because they come in many different varieties, with some ability to resist moisture better than others.
If you’re looking for the best paint to cover your mobile home cabinets, then it’s important that you understand what type of surface they are.
For example, if you’ve got a glossy finish on your cabinet doors and drawers, oil-based paints will give them an ultra-shiny appearance with a low sheen.
I hope this article will help you to choose the best paint for mobile home cabinets.